Most Common Questions
Freshmen and Transfer Students need to be on campus Thursday, August 17, 2017
You can check-in from 10:00 AM-5:00 PM in Coffman Hall.
Follow the Welch signs to the Coffman Hall. You will check in with the Enrollment Department, Welch students and personnel will greet you and direct you to your dorm. You will receive a schedule to make your adjustment to Welch easier. You will be given a room assignment and assistance moving into your room.
Mrs. Anna McAffee serves as Resident Director for the women’s residence hall.
Mr. Mike Edwards serves as Resident Director for the men’s residence hall.
The information requested on the Roommate Questionnaire sent out by EMT needs to be filled out and returned to Welch. All requests will be sent to Student Services. They will need to hear from both people who want to room together.
Room and Meal Plan – Per Semester **
Dormitory and 20-Meal Plan (required for freshmen), per semester – $3,739
Dormitory and 14-Meal Plan (optional for upper classmen), per semester – $3,547
Commuter (off-campus) Student Meal Plan – $438
(**Pricing includes long distance and voice mail capability, plus optional 195 or 165 block meal plans.) The cost per semester for the average dormitory student taking 12-18 hours will therefore be $12,968 with the 20-Meal Plan (195 Meal Plan); or $12,776 with the 14-Meal Plan (165 Meal Plan). The cost per semester for commuter (off-campus) students (taking 12-18 hours) will be $9,229 each semester (excluding meal plan).
GOEN HALL – Men’s Residence Hall
11 ft. x 11 ft.
3ft 10 in x 3ft 4 in
POLSTON HALL – Women’s Residence Hall
Total Room Dimensions:
10 ft 8 in x 13 ft 4 in
Upperclassmen are traditionally given first choice on bed selection. Generally, this means new women students get the hall side and new men students get the top bunk.
*Hint: Nashville has a variety to discount and name brand stores close to Welch College. It is best not to over buy before coming. If you are not sure about some items, we suggest waiting until you are settled to finish buying necessities here in Nashville.
- Bed linens (girl’s dorm = standard twin; guys dorm = XL twin), blanket, and pillow
- Towels and wash cloths
- Clothing and Toiletries (Bring clothes seasonally as closet space is limited (approximately 35” wide)
- Basic room supplies: desk lamps, alarm clock, hangers, waste baskets and liners
- Shower tote (guys dorm)
- Laundry items: laundry bag, laundry basket, detergent, coins for washers and driers
- Basic study supplies (pens, paper, notebooks, etc.)
Girls’ dorm – up to 6’ X 8’
Guys’ dorm – 12’ X 12’
- Floor lamp
- Mattress pad
- Throw rug
- Power strip
- Desk chair (basic chair is provided)
- Small book shelf
- Radio, CD player (Rock, rap and similar music are prohibited at Welch)
- Computer (All dorm rooms, student center, computer lab, library, and other select locations are equipped with WiFi.)
- Coffee pot, toaster (Not toaster over)
- Iron (Optional: Ironing Board)
- Cleaning supplies (broom/dust pan, mop, Windex, tub cleaner, etc.)
- Closet curtain (A shower curtain works if there is no door on the closet) Guy’s dorm has no doors. (NOTE:You may wish to wait until you arrive on campus to coordinate some of these purchases with your roommate.
(Not an exhaustive list. If in doubt, please call ahead.)
- Pets (except fish: 10-gallon tank limit)
- use of tacks, nails, screws, or tape on walls (except Command TM Brand wall mounting strips)
- microwaves, skillets, sandwich-makers, grills, hot plates, toaster ovens, heat lamps, halogen lamps, heaters
- bar bells
- additional room furniture
- lightable items such as candles and incense
- refrigerators in the women’s dorm because of wiring issues
(one refrigerator per room, of 4 cubic feet or less, allowed in the men’s dorm)
- televisions, DVD players, or electronic media for similar purposes
- drum sets
NOTE: Firearms, ammunition, or other lethal devices, pellet guns, air-soft guns, paintball guns, slingshots, water balloons, bows & arrows, machetes, swords, knives with blades more than four inches, or any other similar items are not permitted. With prior approval, these items may be brought by special permission from the Vice President for Student Services and stored out of the rooms according to his instructions.
The only student allowed to stay on campus over break or return early are those participating in college essential programs or college essential personnel.
No. There are local businesses that offer some summer storage options.
As many as four may be sharing a bathroom (Bathroom accessories can be decided on when you arrive.)
Welch College suggests that students have insurance for their personal belongings. Check with your homeowner’s insurance agent to see if your possessions are already covered under your current policy. Student Services offers personal insurance policy referral if needed.
There are coin operated washers and dryers on campus. Washers and dryers are provided in each dorm for residents only.
For Post Office Mail
P.O. Box 479
Gallatin, TN 37066
For UPS or Fed Ex
1045 Bison Trail
Gallatin, TN 37066
At registration, Student Services will need to have all of your car information (year, make, model, color, and license plate number) to register your car. You will be assigned a parking zone. Liability insurance is required for all vehicles. Motorcycles and the like are not allowed for dorm students.
Yes. This is by request only. See Student Services to make these arrangements.
Dorm students are not allowed to have motorcycles, scooters, or motorized bikes on campus.
Yes. Welch College has limited space provided outside each dorm for securing your bicycle with a chain and lock. Bicycles storage in the dorm is prohibited.
Single students must live on campus unless they meet at least one of the following approved exceptions*:
- Live with parents
- Live with grandparents
- 25 years of age or older at the beginning of the semester for which a student requests permission
- Served at least 6 years in the military (full-time)
- Already received a B.S. / B.A.
- Take six (6) hours or less on campus during the semester for which a student requests permission (fall and spring semesters)
- Starting sixth year as a full-time student (must produce official transcripts showing ten completed semesters of full-time course work).
*This arrangement is only considered approved after the student has received prior written permission from the Vice President for Student Services and is subject for review at any time.
There are numerous commercial facilities near the campus. However, the laundry facilities in the dorms are not for commuter student use.
Commuter and dorm students are assigned a campus mailbox. Questions regarding the mailboxes may be directed to the office of Student Services.
You may receive mail at:
P.O. Box 479
Gallatin, TN 37066.
No box number is needed.
Adult Degree Program (ADP) students are not assigned a mailbox unless they request one.
At registration, Student Services will need to have all of your car information (year, make, model, color, and license plate number) to register your car.
Liability insurance is required for all vehicles.
During day classes commuter students are to park behind the West End Church of Christ, which is a half block from the classroom building. During evening classes, commuters may park behind the classroom buildings.
Welch does provide password protected WIFI on campus. However, the coverage is not complete in the classroom building.
You will need to check with your provider to find out what facilities will be covered.
All students are assigned a supplemental accidental insurance policy at registration.
Yes. You may check with the Business Office for referral information and pamphlets. (615-844-5231)
We’re here to help.
Welch College does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national and ethnic origin, age, or disability in admitting students or in otherwise administering its educational policies and school-sponsored programs.