Welch College is committed to protecting the privacy of personally identifiable information collected from alumni, donors, viewers, and visitors to Welch College’s website. Below is the explanation of how Welch College collects information online and by other methods, how the information is used, and what controls the user has. The College makes every effort to ensure the privacy of users’ personally identifiable information (such as full name, address, email address, telephone number, financial payment information and/or other identifiable information) and the security of financial transactions processed online.
Collection and Use of Information
- The College will not collect personally identifiable information from users, other than what they supply to the College on a voluntary basis. It may collect certain non-personal information to optimize the web pages for a user’s computer (i.e., the identity of the user’s internet browser, the type of operating system used, the IP address and the domain name of the user’s internet service provider). The College may use such non-personal information for internal purposes, including but not limited to improving the content of the website.
- In order to participate in some activities, users might be asked to provide some personally identifiable information. Users should be aware that if they choose not to voluntarily submit requested information, they may not be eligible for those activities for which personally identifiable information is needed. This information could be in connection with the following:
- Admission form submission
- Pledging financial support
- Services which require subscription (such as email or postal newsletters)
- Alumni information submission
- In the event that Welch College wants to collect information for purposes other than those set forth in this policy, Welch College will notify users when it is gathering personally identifiable information about users, how it intends to use that information, and will offer users the option not to participate.
- Welch College’s website is a general audience website and does not knowingly market to, accept postings from or collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 years old.
- Welch College maintains a database of students, alumni, donors and friends of the College with the email address, name, postal address, telephone number and other personally identifiable information of persons who have provided such information to Welch College by mail, telephone, email or online submission. By supplying Welch College with an email address, telephone number or postal address, users may receive future communications from Welch College via email, telephone, text or mail.
Welch College considers the personally identifiable information that you share with us to be personal and confidential. We do not sell, trade, or rent any of your personal information to others.
Some personally identifiable information entered on the College’s website may be used by a third-party company that we do business with. Your personal information may be collected by both parties and used by each in accordance with their respective privacy policies.
Welch College releases personal account information, in good faith, when such release is believed to be reasonably necessary. This includes situations in complying with the law; enforcing or applying the terms of any of our user agreements; or protecting the rights, property and safety of Welch College, our alumni, donors, visitors and viewers, or affected third parties.
Cookies are small bits of data stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are an industry standard used by most websites. In general, cookies are used to customize user experience, count how many people visit a sit, and track which pages on a site receive visits. The cookies on this site do not contain any personally identifying information and are used only by Welch College in order to provide statistics on traffic through this website.
Secure Credit Card Transactions
Welch College offers website users the convenience of making online gifts via credit card through eTapestry, online credit card bill payments via Populi, and purchasing event tickets by way of Eventbrite. eTapestry, Populi, and Eventbrite each employ the latest version of Secure Socket Layer Technology (SSL) to encrypt your information and help insure that only you and they ever see it. If your web browser doesn’t permit a secure connection, these websites will not accept your personal information, including credit card numbers. Your browser should display a “padlock” or “key” icon in the lower margin of your web browser when a secure connection is made, and the URL bar at the top of your browser will typically show the website address preceded by the characters “https”.