You’re a busy adult. Our Adult Studies program makes it easy for you to start or finish a degree.
Maybe this is the part of the story where you start pursuing a new calling. Maybe this is the part of the story where you get that promotion, get out of the cubicle, or get the degree you started years ago but never finished. Maybe this is the part of the story where your faith deepens and you find yourself newly prepared and energized to serve your church and defend your faith.
Welch College Adult Studies is designed for people like you—working adults who are ready for a new chapter.
What makes the Welch College
Adult Studies Program Unique?
- A Distinctive, Deliberately Christian Worldview. We believe every person’s story fits into the grand story God is writing. That belief shapes everything we do.
- Excellent Professors. We don’t farm out teaching duties to third-party vendors or teaching assistants. We’re bringing our best professors to adult learners.
- Smaller Class Size and a Genuine Sense of Community. On average, a class in Welch’s Adult Studies Program consists of 10 students. Our students get to know each other.
- Competitive Price. At $368 per credit hour, the Enriched Adult Studies Program is one of the more affordable higher education options in Middle Tennessee.
- Convenient Class Schedules. Welch offers classes for adult students in the evening, afternoon, and online. In addition, the full traditional class schedule is available for adult students able to attend during the day. Saturday classes coming soon!
- Specific and Individualized Degree Pathway for Each Student. This plan will help you know what to expect from your program of study and give you a plan to complete on-time.
Adult Studies meets the needs of:
- Students age 23 and older.
- Veterans eager to use benefits toward a degree.
- Those who have started, but not completed a college degree.
- Adults who would like to start a degree.
- Adults interested in taking college courses for personal enrichment or professional development.
- Those pursuing an associate’s degree through TN Reconnect.
Courses are offered in several convenient formats.
Manufacturing and Supply Chain Logistics*
Health Care Management *
Ministry – Spanish Language
Associate of Arts in Teaching*
Associate of Science in Biology
(leads to 2+2 BS Nursing with Union or Belmont Universities)
Associate of Science in Business
Associate of Science in Ministry
Bachelor of Science in Business
Bachelor of Science in General Christian Ministry
Teacher Education Post-Baccalaureate Program
*Pending Accreditor Approval
Degree-seeking students must complete the Welch Application for Admission to a Degree Program. Official transcripts will be required for those hoping to enroll in the Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Licensure program and for verification of all other transfer credit.
Adults who are pursuing the Spanish Language Certificate or Elective Concentrations in Health Care Management, Supply Chain Logistics, or Banking-Finance must complete the Welch Application for Admission to Adult Studies Courses.
Adult students may take daytime, afternoon, and evening classes on campus. Many fully online courses are available as well.
Daytime and afternoon classes follow a traditional semester format.
Evening courses meet one night per week for six weeks. Classes begin at 6:00 p.m. Two credit courses dismiss at 8:00 p.m. and three credit courses end at 9:00 p.m. These are hybrid courses – 1/3 of the work is complete on campus and 2/3 of the work is completed online.
NOTE: Some Teacher Education classes may meet one night a week for the entire semester.
Some students will be able to finish an associates degree in five semesters or less, depending on previous college work. Plan on 8 semesters or 4 years for the bachelor degree – (as a full time student, of course.)
Yes. This is not an accelerated program.
- Get started by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Click here
- If you are a Tennessee resident pursuing an associate’s degree, TN Reconnect may be available for you. Click here
- $358 per credit hour (2018 – 2019 rate)
- Members of churches partnered with Welch College may qualify for our “first course free” scholarship. Contact the Dean of Adult Studies, William Slater.
Yes, it is possible to transfer college credit hours from other accredited institutions.
For a Welch bachelor’s degree, students must have completed at least 45 undergraduate hours at an accredited institution to enroll in a degree completion program (BS General Christian Ministries, BS Business). Official student transcripts must be reviewed to determine undergraduate leveling work that must be completed. In some cases leveling work may be waived for students who have completed 60 or more undergraduate hours.
Welch Enhanced Adult Studies students may apply to receive up to 6 hours credit for professional experience. A professional portfolio documenting professional experience will be required and must meet CAEL requirements.
Welch College is both regionally and nationally accredited and is a member of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) by virtue of either of these. It is approved by the Tennessee State Department of Education to offer degrees leading to teacher education licensure in grades PreK-12.
Welch College is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 to award associate, baccalaureate, and master’s degrees. Contact or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Welch College. (Note: Other than for general inquiries the Commission on Colleges should be contacted only if there is evidence that appears to support an institution’s significant non-compliance with a requirement or standard.)
The College is also accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of the Association for Biblical Higher Education to grant degrees at the associate, bachelor, and master’s levels. Contact the Commission on Accreditation of the Association for Biblical Higher Education at 5850 T.G. Lee Blvd., Suite 130, Orlando, Florida 37822 or call 407-207-0808 for questions about the accreditation of Welch College.
The College is also approved by the State of Tennessee, which provides for its students to participate in grants and loans provided by Tennessee, the Tennessee State Approving Agency for the training of veterans and their eligible dependents, and is a member of the Tennessee Reconnect network.
Welch College is a member of the Tennessee Independent Colleges and Universities Association (TICUA), The Tennessee College Association, the Association of Christian Schools International, and the Council for Independent Colleges.