Join our talented team.
Challenge yourself in a rewarding, ministry-focused career. Enjoy a fast-paced and family-friendly environment.
Become a part of the rich legacy of Welch College.
Welch College Accountant Opening in Business Office
Welch College has an opening for a full-time accounting employee in the Business Office according to Craig Mahler, vice president for financial affairs. The position requires intermediate computer and strong interpersonal skills, and ability to manage details well. Ideal candidates will have a background in higher education.
“This is an important hire for the college at this time,” Mr. Mahler said. “We’ve had some staffing adjustments the past few years due to retirements and other career moves. We’re taking a fresh look at the organization and staffing of the Business Office. The college needs a professional who loves God and strongly supports the mission of Welch College. The person who fills this key position will interact directly with Welch students on billing and other financial matters and assist the Business Office with accounting and other administrative tasks.”
The full-time salaried position is immediately available, with the intent to hire as soon as possible.
- Have a clear Christian testimony and commitment to Welch College
- Hold membership in good standing at a local church
- Work well both independently and collaboratively
- Manage time and task priorities well
- Consider him/herself a detail person
- Prioritize friendly and effective communication with campus stakeholders
- Have intermediate-level skills in Microsoft Excel and exposure to accounting software such as QuickBooks
- Hold a business-related bachelor’s degree
- Preferably, with at least one year of accounting coursework
- Some experience in task management and supervision
- Demonstrate how past experience fits well with this role
- Student billing: prepare and distribute student bills according to schedule set with campus stakeholder input
- Maintain and reconcile student collections information, actively seeking collection of late payments
- Apply financial aid to accounts at the direction of the Financial Aid Coordinator
- Reconcile activity between Populi and Accounting office records monthly
- Some task management and employee supervision responsibilities
- Other accounting tasks as assigned
Skills/Proficiency testing may be required.
Salary based on experience. Welch College offers a generous benefits package and provides tuition assistance for employees enrolling in on-campus coursework.
Interested persons may send their resumes to Mr. Craig Mahler at the address below, or e-send resumes and references to email@example.com.
1045 Bison Trail
Gallatin, TN 37066
Undergraduate Adjunct Spanish Teacher
Welch College invites applications for an adjunct teaching position in undergraduate beginning and intermediate Spanish language instruction. The College is seeking an energetic individual with the following goals and attributes:
- Active member in good standing of an evangelical, Protestant church, with pastoral reference
- Master’s degree in Spanish, Spanish Language or Spanish Education (or cognate field with at least 18 graduate hours in Spanish)
- Undergraduate teaching experience preferred but not required
Applicants should send letter of interest and resume to Provost@welch.edu or mail to:
Dr. Matthew McAffee, Provost
P.O. Box 479
Gallatin, Tennessee 37066
Welch College does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national and ethnic origin, age, or disability in admitting students or in otherwise administering its educational policies and school-sponsored programs.