Admitted Students

Congratulations! You’ve been admitted to Welch College! Now what?

There is still lots to learn, lots to do, lots to know before you make your final decision and step foot in your first class on campus. Join our new student class on Facebook to get in on all the chatter. Be sure to complete all of the necessary forms listed below.

Feel free to contact the Enrollment Management Office anytime with questions! We look forward to having you on campus at Welch College.

Spring 2018 Opening Days Schedule

Most Common Questions

When do I need to be on campus?

Freshmen and Transfer Students need to be on campus Thursday, August 17, 2017
You can check-in from 10:00 AM-5:00 PM in Coffman Hall.

What do I do when I arrive?

Follow the Welch signs to the Coffman Hall. You will check in with the Enrollment Department, Welch students and personnel will greet you and direct you to your dorm. You will receive a schedule to make your adjustment to Welch easier. You will be given a room assignment and assistance moving into your room.

Mrs. Anna McAffee serves as Resident Director for the women’s residence hall.

Mr. Mike Edwards serves as Resident Director for the men’s residence hall.

How do I request a roommate?

The information requested on the Roommate Questionnaire sent out by EMT needs to be filled out and returned to Welch. All requests will be sent to Student Services. They will need to hear from both people who want to room together.

What is the cost of a dorm room and meal plan?

Room and Meal Plan – Per Semester **

Dormitory and 20-Meal Plan (required for freshmen), per semester – $3,739

Dormitory and 14-Meal Plan (optional for upper classmen), per semester – $3,547

Commuter (off-campus) Student Meal Plan – $438

(**Pricing includes long distance and voice mail capability, plus optional 195 or 165 block meal plans.) The cost per semester for the average dormitory student taking 12-18 hours will therefore be $12,968 with the 20-Meal Plan (195 Meal Plan); or $12,776 with the 14-Meal Plan (165 Meal Plan). The cost per semester for commuter (off-campus) students (taking 12-18 hours) will be $9,229 each semester (excluding meal plan).

What do dorm rooms look like?

  • 2 students are in each room; 4 students in each suite
  • 2 rooms (4 students) share one toilet and stand-up shower
  • Each room (2 students) has its own sink
  • Each room is set up with 2 beds, 2 chairs, 2 desks, 2 closets and 1 chest of drawers
  • The carpeted area of the room is 11 ft. (the window wall) x 12 ft.
  • Each closet is 3.5 ft. wide; each desk is 2.5 ft. x 3.5 ft.

Which bed should I choose?

Upperclassmen are traditionally given first choice on bed selection.

What do I bring?

*Hint: Gallatin/Hendersonville has a variety to discount and name brand stores close to Welch College. It is best not to over buy before coming. If you are not sure about some items, we suggest waiting until you are settled to finish buying necessities here in Gallatin.

Room Basics

  • Bed linens – XL twin, blanket, and pillow
  • Towels and wash cloths
  • Clothing and Toiletries (Bring clothes seasonally as closet space is limited (approximately 35” wide)
  • Basic room supplies: desk lamps, alarm clock, hangers, waste baskets and liners
  • Laundry items: laundry bag, laundry basket, detergent, coins for washers and driers
  • Basic study supplies (pens, paper, notebooks, etc.)

Optional Suggestions

  • Floor lamp
  • Mattress pad
  • Throw rug
  • Power strip
  • Desk chair (basic chair is provided)
  • Small book shelf
  • Radio, CD player (Rock, rap and similar music are prohibited at Welch)
  • Computer (All dorm rooms, student center, computer lab, library, and other select locations are equipped with WiFi.)
  • Coffee pot, toaster (Not toaster over)
  • Iron (Optional: Ironing Board)
  • Cleaning supplies (broom/dust pan, mop, Windex, tub cleaner, etc.)
  • Closet curtain (A shower curtain works if there is no door on the closet) (NOTE:You may wish to wait until you arrive on campus to coordinate some of these purchases with your roommate.

What should I leave at home?

(Not an exhaustive list. If in doubt, please call ahead.)

    • Pets (except fish: 10-gallon tank limit)
    • use of tacks, nails, screws, or tape on walls (except Command TM Brand wall mounting strips)
    • microwaves, skillets, sandwich-makers, grills, hot plates, toaster ovens, heat lamps, halogen lamps, heaters
    • bar bells
    • additional room furniture
    • lightable items such as candles and incense
    • refrigerators in the women’s dorm because of wiring issues
      (one refrigerator per room, of 4 cubic feet or less, allowed in the men’s dorm)
    • televisions, DVD players, or electronic media for similar purposes
    • fireworks
    • drum sets

NOTE: Firearms, ammunition, or other lethal devices, pellet guns, air-soft guns, paintball guns, slingshots, water balloons, bows & arrows, machetes, swords, knives with blades more than four inches, or any other similar items are not permitted. With prior approval, these items may be brought by special permission from the Vice President for Student Services and stored out of the rooms according to his instructions.

Can I stay in the dorm over break or return early?

The only student allowed to stay on campus over break or return early are those participating in college essential programs or college essential personnel.

Is there a place to store personal items (including bikes) during summer break?

No. There are local businesses that offer some summer storage options.

What are the bathroom arrangements in the dorms?

As many as four may be sharing a bathroom (Bathroom accessories can be decided on when you arrive.)

Do I need insurance for my personal belongings?

Welch College suggests that students have insurance for their personal belongings. Check with your homeowner’s insurance agent to see if your possessions are already covered under your current policy. Student Services offers personal insurance policy referral if needed.

Are there laundry facilities on campus?

There are coin operated washers and dryers on campus. Washers and dryers are provided in each dorm for residents only.

What is my campus mailing address?

For Post Office Mail

Welch College
(Students name)
P.O. Box 479
Gallatin, TN 37066

For UPS or Fed Ex

(Students name)
1045 Bison Trail
Gallatin, TN 37066

What are the requirements for having a vehicle on campus?

At registration, Student Services will need to have all of your car information (year, make, model, color, and license plate number) to register your car. You will be assigned a parking zone. Liability insurance is required for all vehicles. Motorcycles and the like are not allowed for dorm students.

I have a motorcycle. Can I bring it?

Dorm students are not allowed to have motorcycles, scooters, or motorized bikes on campus.

I have a non-motorized bicycle. Can I bring it?

Yes. Welch College has limited space provided outside each dorm for securing your bicycle with a chain and lock. Bicycles storage in the dorm is prohibited.


Who is allowed to live off campus?

Single students must live on campus unless they meet at least one of the following approved exceptions*:

  • Live with parents
  • Live with grandparents
  • 25 years of age or older at the beginning of the semester for which a student requests permission
  • Served at least 6 years in the military (full-time)
  • Already received a B.S. / B.A.
  • Take six (6) hours or less on campus during the semester for which a student requests permission (fall and spring semesters)
  • Starting sixth year as a full-time student (must produce official transcripts showing ten completed semesters of full-time course work).

*This arrangement is only considered approved after the student has received prior written permission from the Vice President for Student Services and is subject for review at any time.

Does the college provide a meal plan option for commuting students?

Commuter student meal plans are available. To find out more details about these plans email Eric Hornbeck, our food services director.

Are there laundry facilities available on campus for commuter students?

There are numerous commercial facilities near the campus. However, the laundry facilities in the dorms are not for commuter student use.

Will I have a mailbox on campus? If so, what will my mailing address be?

Commuter and dorm students are assigned a campus mailbox. Questions regarding the mailboxes may be directed to the office of Student Services.

You may receive mail at:
Welch College
(Your Name)
P.O. Box 479
Gallatin, TN 37066.
No box number is needed.

Adult Degree Program (ADP) students are not assigned a mailbox unless they request one.

Do I need to register my car?

At registration, Student Services will need to have all of your car information (year, make, model, color, and license plate number) to register your car.

Liability insurance is required for all vehicles.

Where do I park on campus?

You are welcome to park in the parking areas on either side of the residence halls. You will need to have a parking pass on your vehicle which you will receive during registration.

Is WIFI available on campus?

Welch does provide password protected WIFI on campus. However, the coverage is not complete in the classroom building.


Is my health insurance good in Tennessee?

You will need to check with your provider to find out what facilities will be covered.

Is accident insurance available?

All students are assigned a supplemental accidental insurance policy at registration.

Does the college provide information about purchasing a basic health insurance policy?

Yes. You may check with the Business Office for referral information and pamphlets. (615-844-5231)

We’re here to help.

Debbie Mouser
Director of Admissions
Phone: 615-675-5303
Fax: 615-296-0400

Angie Edgmon
Financial Aid Coordinator
Call: 615-675-5278
Fax: 615-296-0400

Office of the Registrar
Call: 615-675-5260
Fax: 615-296-0400

Welch College does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national and ethnic origin, age, or disability in admitting students or in otherwise administering its educational policies and school-sponsored programs.