Most Common Questions
Freshmen and Transfer Students need to be on campus Thursday, August 17, 2017
You can check-in from 10:00 AM-5:00 PM in Coffman Hall.
Follow the Welch signs to the Coffman Hall. You will check in with the Enrollment Department, Welch students and personnel will greet you and direct you to your dorm. You will receive a schedule to make your adjustment to Welch easier. You will be given a room assignment and assistance moving into your room.
Mrs. Rebekah Talbot serves as Resident Director for the women’s residence hall.
Mr. Russell Houske serves as Resident Director for the men’s residence hall.
The information requested on the Roommate Questionnaire sent out by EMT needs to be filled out and returned to Welch. All requests will be sent to Student Services. They will need to hear from both people who want to room together.
This can be done by emailing the Dean of Women, Susan Forlines at email@example.com.
Room and Meal Plan – Per Semester **
Dormitory and 20-Meal Plan (required for freshmen), per semester – $3,852
Dormitory and 14-Meal Plan (optional for upper classmen), per semester – $3,654
Commuter (off-campus) Student Meal Plan, per semester – $451
(**Pricing includes optional 195 or 165 block meal plans.)
- 2 students are in each room; 4 students in each suite
- 2 rooms (4 students) share one toilet and stand-up shower
- Each room (2 students) has its own sink
- Each room is set up with 2 beds, 2 chairs, 2 desks, 2 closets and 1 chest of drawers (Upper classmen get the upper drawers.)
- The carpeted area of the room is 11 ft. (the window wall) x 12 ft.
- Each closet is 3.5 ft. wide; each desk is 2.5 ft. x 3.5 ft.
Upperclassmen are traditionally given first choice on bed selection.
*Hint: Gallatin/Hendersonville has a variety to discount and name brand stores close to Welch College. It is best not to over buy before coming. If you are not sure about some items, we suggest waiting until you are settled to finish buying necessities here in Gallatin.
- Bed linens – XL twin, blanket, and pillow
- Towels and wash cloths
- Clothing and Toiletries (Bring clothes seasonally as closet space is limited (approximately 35” wide)
- Basic room supplies: desk lamps, alarm clock, hangers, waste baskets and liners
- Laundry items: laundry bag, laundry basket, detergent, coins for washers and driers
- Basic study supplies (pens, paper, notebooks, etc.)
- Floor lamp
- Mattress pad
- Throw rug
- Power strip
- Desk chair (basic chair is provided)
- Small book shelf
- Radio, CD player (Rock, rap and similar music are prohibited at Welch)
- Computer (All dorm rooms, student center, library, and other select locations are equipped with WiFi.)
- Coffee pot, toaster (Not toaster over)
- Iron (Optional: Ironing Board)
- Cleaning supplies (broom/dust pan, mop, Windex, tub cleaner, etc.)
- Closet curtain (A shower curtain works if there is no door on the closet) (NOTE:You may wish to wait until you arrive on campus to coordinate some of these purchases with your roommate.
*Consult the Resident Director for instructions concerning hanging things on walls. Nothing is to be hung on the doors.
(Not an exhaustive list. If in doubt, please call ahead.)
- Pets (except fish: 10-gallon tank limit)
- use of tacks, nails, screws, or tape on walls (except Command TM Brand wall mounting strips)
- microwaves, skillets, sandwich-makers, grills, hot plates, toaster ovens, heat lamps, halogen lamps, heaters
- bar bells
- additional room furniture
- lightable items such as candles and incense
- televisions, DVD players, or electronic media for similar purposes
- drum sets
NOTE: Firearms, ammunition, or other lethal devices, pellet guns, air-soft guns, paintball guns, slingshots, water balloons, bows & arrows, machetes, swords, knives with blades more than four inches, or any other similar items are not permitted. With prior approval, these items may be brought by special permission from the Vice President for Student Services and stored out of the rooms according to his instructions.
The only student allowed to stay on campus over break or return early are those participating in college essential programs or college essential personnel.
No. There are local businesses that offer some summer storage options. There are also storage units in the area that students lease for the summer.
As many as four may be sharing a bathroom (Bathroom accessories can be decided on when you arrive.)
Welch College suggests that students have insurance for their personal belongings. Check with your homeowner’s insurance agent to see if your possessions are already covered under your current policy. Ask the Business Office for more details.
There are coin operated washers and dryers on campus. Washers and dryers are provided in each dorm for residents only. Washers: $1.00 per load; Dryers $.25 per load (Quarters only.)
For Post Office Mail, UPS, or FedEx
1045 Bison Trail
Gallatin, TN 37066
At registration, Student Services will need to have all of your car information (year, make, model, color, and license plate number) to register your car. You will be assigned a parking zone and given a parking sticker to display on your back windshield. Liability insurance is required for all vehicles.
No. Motorcycles, scooters, or motorized bikes are not allowed for dorm students.
Yes. Welch College has limited space provided outside each dorm for securing your bicycle with a chain and lock. Bicycles storage in the dorm is prohibited.
Single students must live on campus unless they meet at least one of the following approved exceptions*:
- Live with parents
- Live with grandparents
- 25 years of age or older at the beginning of the semester for which a student requests permission
- Served at least 6 years in the military (full-time)
- Already received a B.S. / B.A.
- Take six (6) hours or less on campus during the semester for which a student requests permission (fall and spring semesters)
- Starting sixth year as a full-time student (must produce official transcripts showing ten completed semesters of full-time course work).
*This arrangement is only considered approved after the student has received prior written permission from the Vice President for Student Services and is subject for review at any time.
There are numerous commercial facilities near the campus. However, the laundry facilities in the dorms are not for commuter student use.
Although mailboxes are not installed as of yet, commuters may pick up their mail at West End (gym) and dorm students have their mail delivered to their specific dorms. Once the mailboxes are installed, commuters will have a mailbox. Questions regarding the mailboxes may be directed to the office of Student Services.
You may receive mail at:
1045 Bison Trail
Gallatin, TN 37066.
Mail for Adult Degree Program (ADP) students may also be picked up at West end (gym.)
At registration, Student Services will need to have all of your car information (year, make, model, color, and license plate number) to register your car. You will receive a parking sticker to place on your rear windshield and assigned a zone to park in.
Liability insurance is required for all vehicles.
You are welcome to park in the back parking area of the women’s residence hall by the ditch. You will need to have a parking pass on your vehicle which you will receive during registration.
Welch does provide password protected WIFI on campus.
You will need to check with your provider to find out what facilities will be covered.
Yes. Be sure and have a copy for yourself also.
All students are assigned a supplemental accidental insurance policy at registration.
No, health insurance is not required.
We do not provide information on health insurance at this time.
We’re here to help.
Welch College does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national and ethnic origin, age, or disability in admitting students or in otherwise administering its educational policies and school-sponsored programs.