Welch College has an opening for a full-time accounting employee in the Business Office according to Craig Mahler, vice president for financial affairs. The position requires intermediate computer and strong interpersonal skills, and ability to manage details well. Ideal candidates will have a background in higher education.
“This is an important hire for the college at this time,” Mr. Mahler said. “We’ve had some staffing adjustments the past few years due to retirements and other career moves. We’re taking a fresh look at the organization and staffing of the Business Office. The college needs a professional who loves God and strongly supports the mission of Welch College. The person who fills this key position will interact directly with Welch students on billing and other financial matters and assist the Business Office with accounting and other administrative tasks.”
The full-time salaried position is immediately available, with the intent to hire as soon as possible.
- Have a clear Christian testimony and commitment to Welch College
- Hold membership in good standing at a local church
- Work well both independently and collaboratively
- Manage time and task priorities well
- Consider him/herself a detail person
- Prioritize friendly and effective communication with campus stakeholders
- Have intermediate-level skills in Microsoft Excel and exposure to accounting software such as QuickBooks
- Hold a business-related bachelor’s degree
- Preferably, with at least one year of accounting coursework
- Some experience in task management and supervision
- Demonstrate how past experience fits well with this role
- Student billing: prepare and distribute student bills according to schedule set with campus stakeholder input
- Maintain and reconcile student collections information, actively seeking collection of late payments
- Apply financial aid to accounts at the direction of the Financial Aid Coordinator
- Reconcile activity between Populi and Accounting office records monthly
- Some task management and employee supervision responsibilities
- Other accounting tasks as assigned
Skills/Proficiency testing may be required.
Salary based on experience. Welch College offers a generous benefits package and provides tuition assistance for employees enrolling in on-campus coursework.
Interested persons may send their resumes to Mr. Craig Mahler at the address below, or e-send resumes and references to email@example.com.
1045 Bison Trail
Gallatin, TN 37066