GALLATIN, TN—The Welch College Athletic Director is stepping away from AD responsibilities as he transitions to retirement. Next year he will continue to serve at Welch as PE/Exercise Science Program Coordinator and full-time faculty. Because of this transition, the college is seeking a mature, Christian individual who has a lengthy history of ministry in the local church, preferably in a Free Will Baptist church, to serve as Athletic Director, Men’s Basketball Coach, and Athletic Recruiter.
· Master’s Degree or PhD
· Minimum of 10 years’ experience as athletic director at secondary or collegiate level
· Minimum of 10 years’ experience in secondary or collegiate coaching
· Welch College alumnus preferred, but others will be considered
· Written testimony of Christian conversion
· Three written references from non-family members
Applicants should submit an original 1,200 word essay on Biblical Integration of Athletics and Christian Higher Education.
Send letter of interest, CV or resume, testimony of Christian conversion, references, and essay to:
Paul G. Ketteman, Ed.D., Provost
P.O. Box 479
Gallatin, Tennessee 37066
Letters of interest and other materials must be received on or before April 28, 2017.
The mission of Welch College is to educate leaders to serve Christ, His church,
and His world through biblical thought and life.