NASHVILLE, TN—Welch College has an opening for a full-time accountant according to Craig Mahler, vice president for financial affairs. The position requires intermediate computer skills, extensive bookkeeping and accounting experience, the ability to multi-task, and strong interpersonal skills. Ideal candidates will have a background in higher education.
“This is an important hire for the college at this time,” Mr. Mahler said. “We’ve had some staffing adjustments the past few years due to retirements and other career moves. We’re taking a fresh look at the organization and staffing of the Business Office. The college needs an accounting professional who loves God and strongly supports the mission of Welch College. The person who fills this key position will interact directly with Welch students, reconcile general ledger and bank accounts, assist with monthly payroll processing, help prepare and distribute monthly financial reports, and more.”
The full-time salaried position is immediately available, with the intent to hire as soon as possible.
· Clear Christian testimony.
· Commitment to the Mission of Welch College.
· Active church member (must provide name of church and pastoral reference).
· Ability to work independently.
· Time management skills to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
· Advanced bookkeeping and accounting skills.
· Intermediate computer skills; proficiency particularly with Microsoft Excel.
· Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree with business and accounting coursework preferred.
Experience Requirements: Five years of progressive experience in bookkeeping and accounting roles is preferred.
· Preparation and distribution of monthly financial reports.
· General ledger and bank account reconciliation.
· Accounting data entry.
· Monthly payroll processing.
· Preparation of reports to external agencies along with annual financial audit.
· Preparation of calendar year-end tax forms (i.e. 1098T, 1099, and W2).
· Assist with student account collections.
· Participation in cross-training with other Business Office personnel.
· Other duties as necessary, including special projects as assigned by Welch College leadership.
Skills/Proficiency testing may be required.
Salary based on experience. Welch College offers a generous benefits package and provides tuition assistance for employees enrolling in on-campus coursework.
Interested persons may send their resumes to Ms. Martha Fletcher at the address below, or e-send resumes and references to email@example.com.
3606 West End Avenue
Nashville, TN 37205